Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Gina’s Designs Guest Spot CREATE Canvas

Hello Everyone!
Today I am going to share my CREATE wall canvas that I made for my Gina’s Designs guest spot . I have always been interested in abstract art so I used this opportunity to try my hand at my very first abstract painting. For this canvas I used Gina’s Designs palette and brushes and Ginas Designs Create dovetail banner and Gina’s Designs chicken wire. The first thing you will need to do is apply a background color to your canvas. I chose orange. Once the paint was applied I wiped the excess off. I then added various drips and drops of colors. I chose lime green, yellow, while and turquoise. I also used drips of India Ink to add vibrancy to my paint.  Once you let that dry it’s time for your next layer. I used modeling paste and Gina’s Chicken wire to add texture, while the paste was still wet I sprayed it with lime green ranger spray and topped it off with a sprinkle of recollections glitter glass. Let that dry overnight. Don’t forget the edges! Once my canvas was completely dry I used a black ink pad and ran it along the edges. Next for the chipboard. First I painted all the pieces white. Next I used my Gelletos to color the pallet and brush and the letters. I used my finger to blend it all together, then I used a paint brush with a small amount of water to smooth everything out. Once dry I began using the same dip and drizzle technique that I used for the canvas. Finally after everything was dry I glued everything down using E6000.  This was yet another easy project to complete and I absolute love the results. The nice thing about this type of project is you can’t mess up.  If you can layer you can do this!
 
Items used:
Gina’s Designs Palette and Brushes
Gina’s designs Create Dovetail Banners
Gina’s Designs Chicken Wire
 
Other items used:
Black ink pad
Recollections glass glitter
Gelletos
Modeling paste
Ranger Dylusions sprays
Acrylic paint
India Ink (optional)
drywall tape
Canvas




1 comment:

  1. Hello Rashida,
    I love your painting! The wire and modeling paste create such great texture!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete