Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Gina's Designs Guest Spot

 " The Mask" Wall Hanging Layout for Gina's Designs 

As a reminder of my Trinidadian heritage I made this wall hanging layout that I call "The Mask". It's carnival time again in Washington, DC! All of the Caribbean islanders in the area come together and unite as one. Participants and visitors can enjoy dancing, celebrations, good food and fun. One thing that always captivates me is the bright display of  colors  that are seen so frequently in the islands. For this wall hanging I decided to use black  for my mask base because black represents unity and strength.Once I colored my mask with a black Sharpie paint marker, I highlighted the black mask with lime green and silver stickles to give it a little pop and sparkle. For the background, I added memento ink in lime green and gray to white textured cardstock. Once everything was dry I layered the mask on the page with pop dots and added a few flowers from my stash. For a finishing touch I added Dazzles silver strips and a few Jolees.

Supplies from Gina's Designs:
Mask Shape Set
Peacock Feathers Shape Set
Dreamcatcher

Other supplies
Jolees
Dazzles silver strips
Sharpie Paint Marker
Stash Flowers
Lime green Stickles
Silver Stickles
Momento Ink 
card stock
pop dots





No comments:

Post a Comment